I have been blogging for all of 40 days now so it would be fair to say that I am very new to the whole thing. Cruising the sites and reader on WordPress I feel very intimidated, shy and inexperienced. There is a wonderful community of creative, talented people to discover: writers, photographers, artists. I have only dipped my toe into the ocean of fabulous out there.
Before I do the things I need to do to accept this award, it is my prerogative to wax lyrical about the lovely Kate for a moment. I have no idea how she stumbled across my site but she was the very first person (who wasn’t being forced to read because they know me) to post a comment. On the advice of WordPress, (this message cracks me up!)
They thought “You Look Fabulous” was pretty awesome. You should go see what they’re up to. Maybe you’ll like their blog as much as they liked yours!
I popped over to the site and lost the next couple of hours reading the archives. I was tempted to shut down my page and simply post the following note:
Here it is people. Search is over. I found FABULOUS… just check this out!
Kate is a wonderful and genuinely ‘versatile’ writer with an artists eye and a fashion addiction. She is a talented gifted artist, a dedicated mum and I should also mention that she and her creative partner-in-crime Anna are about to release their first collection. That is incredible, amazing, inspirational and really, really cool. They are following their passion. They are actually doing it. I adore what they are working on and I think MasonBentley are fabulousness!
So, according to the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award I have to tell the person who nominated me 7 things about myself. It seems that people mostly pop this into a public post so here are some fun facts…
- I am not married. G refuses to make an honest woman out of me. Fifteen years of nagging has not weaken’d his resolve. I even proposed to him on February 29 once, he turned me down. Now I have my three daughters on the case, so maybe one day I will get to wear a pretty dress and hear him declare, publicly, how wonderful I am!
- I studied Acting at a place called the National Institute of Dramatic Art (NIDA) in Sydney, Australia. It was a pretty impressive achievement to get in. Sadly, I left at the end of my second year during my first battle with depression. I never returned to complete the final year and graduate.
- Six months ago I ordered a Face Painting Kit online. My children, my friend’s children and the children of random strangers are now my victims. It is really fun!
- I can speak Thai. I am not fluent but I have enough to hold my own. High fives to me, cos I never thought I would get it on with a second language.
- I don’t like Christmas. Bah Humbug!
- Sometimes, when my children are asleep I go into their room just so I can snuggle up close and smell them.
- My labours from start to finish have been respectively – 1hr & 45 minutes, 1 hr & 15 minutes and 45 minutes. Some of my girlfriends hate me.
Also, I have to select 15 bloggers that I have liked or follow and nominate them. I feel a bit weird about this because I have hardly begun to explore what is out there and I don’t think I am doing justice to the magical sites I haven’t yet found, nonetheless, in no particular order, here goes… I think you are all fabulous and I nominate you for a Versatile Blogger Award.
Some of these sites have thousands of followers and have received many accolades already, they may not want to accept this little award but I like them so they can just suck it up and take the compliment!
- Zebra Garden – where the wild things grow
- Wanderlustress – Life in Laos through the lens of a diplomatic wife raising twin toddlers
- Jogging Dad – Musings of a dad who runs from parenting, to become better at parenting
- Black Box Warnings – this blog is not FDA approved
- A Clown of Fire – Because Every Day is Fucking Magical
- Live, Nerd, Repeat – Making Life better through the perfect application of humor and nerdery
- FiftyFourandAHalf – Full marks for blog title plus she gives some sweet awards herself
- Sips of Jen and Tonic – Writing that’s straight up with a twist
- She’s a Maineiac
- In Real Life – Kids, cupcakes and other Ramblings
- Fourtuitous – a glimpse at four women navigating change
- Soulemama – This site is an institution and an inspiration
- Laments and Lullabies – stumbling through the infinite
- Toemail – It just makes me smile
- Stuff Falang Like – for folk who live in Vientiane